New Story is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Special Education Teacher in our Throop School.
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for developing, maintaining and documenting all instructional and behavioral programs within the school setting. The Special Education Teacher is responsible for overseeing classroom dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- • Completing the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process
- • Development of lesson plans which include sufficient planning of activities to keep students actively engaged in learning. Lesson plans should be tailored to meet the individual needs of students based on IEP goal and objectives.
- • Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- • Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff within the classroom.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include:
• PA Public School Special Education Teaching Certificate; OR
• Private Academic Teaching Certificate; OR
• Private Academic Temporary Approval Certificate
• Minimum of 6 months experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders
Interested applicants should submit an updated resume and letter of interest to:
Kelly Greenish, Assistant Education Director
New Story, 751 Keystone Industrial Park Road, Throop, PA 18512
FAX: (570) 969-9250 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org